Monday 10 November 2014

LITTLE SUCCESS LITTLE FAILURE—a comparative viewpoint


I usually fall to sleep in the afternoon unhelpfully. The will of my resistance is overwhelmed by the sleepy forces dynamic in me. The energy is spent on breaking and digesting the rice inside my stomach. Probably due to this my own epistemological creation I have asked to reduce the rice content in my tiffin box.
Afternoons are a part of dull timelines. Nothing much happens except there is some unusual silence. The voice of chaiwallahs, talewallahs cranks and breaks this silence often. These voices are quite unheard if one is busy in work.
But one day I was contemplating on the idea of success akin to ‘the idea of justice’, I found some exhilarating similarities in me and my talewalla chaiwalla friend. I thought about what could be the definition of success for him and what about me who was preparing for an all difficult IAS exam. Here is the comparision.
Though completely unaware of a daily life of a talewallah seller, I projected my own ideal construct of his dayline. Such is his hard task of screaming day and night, regularly twenty four seven, in want of someone would ever come out of balcony and ask him favour. Usually this doesn’t happen. But occasionally when that happens, he terms that a success. So yes, selling talas (locks) is success for him. He might have some number fixed to sell daily that if achieved, could fill his heart with satisfaction.
Similar is my case. I have to study that same subject time and again, same routine everyday in hope of remembering and producing when it is most important. Also hoping that I will not be the mahabharata’s karna who couldn’t produce what he learnt in his career. My success is the selection in the exam.
But there is some catch. There is vast difference between his and mine ‘duty’. Firstly, it starts with the big ‘fruit’ of his duty. That fruit’s probability falling in his side is highly improbable. Mostly because here the variables are quite high. His screaming strength and tala selling are not proportional in any way. It depends on the street in which he is selling. The people who reside there and the people’s wants. The ferocious competitors are always hawking for any space or move left unpathed.
On my side same many variables are there be it amount of people, there desire and competition (as usual for india). But their weightage in this case is far lower as compared to the former. I can say much remains in my hands, or I have much more maneuverabiblity to pluck the fruit of my karma from a tree. Still I remain generous and humble enough to say in lord krishna’s own words ‘don’t worry for the fruit, for it is not in your hands’.
I always used to fret about the repeatedness of my path, actually sometimes it still happens probably due to brain strokes and its refusals. The same old regular stuff. I used to crave for some independence and something afresh that could beface me through anyways accidentally or deliberately. But that very day, I tried to lens this through his viewpoint. That was the moment I realized my nothingness in his juxtapose. At least I have the privilege of having very new things at my behest. The dynamics of world and nation keep one afresh and change-sticking. But his job still remains the same, nothing new not a bit. Still he has the same tenacity and spiritedness to accompalish his task.
A big Salute to his endurance. In fact he can be source of learning to many. Having patience and persistence is a great quality that a youth of today lacks in an elemental form. A dogged behavior is necessary when one aspires big. So one’s success mantra is hidden in those chaiwallahs and talewallahs selling daily and screaming in the afternoon. I hope and I will try meeting those sources of my inspiration soon, on the other day when I don’t lay unconscious in bed.
 Waiting for that day.
Cheers !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment